Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X trade in.

So I’ve got iPhone X which I want to trade in for newer one.

there are no major scratches anywhere on the phone. But the display is popped off from the body. Battery health indicates that battery is at 80% and at peak performance. Everything else about the phone is fine as well.

I’m wondering how will that affect my trade in value.

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 5:12 AM

Whether it's your fault or not, the phone is damaged. Damaged phones are worth nothing in trade.

deggie gave you the numbers to help you see that paying to have Apple fix the phone (if it can even be fixed) would cost more than the trade value you'd get after paying to have the phone fixed. Apple won't take in trade in its current condition.

The suggestion to sell it for space parts makes the most sense. At least you stand a chance of getting something for it.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 5:12 AM in response to Darkacion

Whether it's your fault or not, the phone is damaged. Damaged phones are worth nothing in trade.

deggie gave you the numbers to help you see that paying to have Apple fix the phone (if it can even be fixed) would cost more than the trade value you'd get after paying to have the phone fixed. Apple won't take in trade in its current condition.

The suggestion to sell it for space parts makes the most sense. At least you stand a chance of getting something for it.

Oct 5, 2021 9:02 PM in response to Darkacion

Your battery is due for replacement at 80% and it may have needed replacement for some time which can lead to battery swelling. It you pay to replace the display and the battery, which will cost you $348 USD (or if there is internal damage an out-of-warranty replacement will cost you $549 USD) and then you can trade it in for $200 USD. Or you can sell it privately for parts.

iPhone X trade in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.