Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications don't light up the screen on Apple Watch and iPhone 13 Pro.

Hi all, after updated to IOS 15 on my iphone 13 pro and ios 8 on my apple watch, notifications don't light up the screen on Apple Watch and iPhone 13 Pro.

After pairing the watch with my new iPhone 13 Pro, the screen on the phone and apple watch doesn't light up as it used to do. But if I tap to wake the screen the notification is there as if nothing happened.

Prior to the change, I had been using iphone X and apple watch. Notifications did light up on both apple watch and iphone X.

Have tried googling with solutions but with failed results. Tried unpairing and re-pair, still failed.

Appreciate any help I can get!

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 11:38 AM

Welcome back mitsuki12,

To clarify, are you using the most recent version of iOS 15 as listed at About iOS 15 Updates? If not, we encourage you to complete any available updates before trying other steps.

If still not working and impacting both devices, we invite you to use Get Support to connect with our team directly to look into this further.

Cheers!

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 11:38 AM in response to mitsuki12

Welcome back mitsuki12,

To clarify, are you using the most recent version of iOS 15 as listed at About iOS 15 Updates? If not, we encourage you to complete any available updates before trying other steps.

If still not working and impacting both devices, we invite you to use Get Support to connect with our team directly to look into this further.

Cheers!

Oct 16, 2021 7:35 PM in response to mitsuki12

I was having the same problem. Previously had my Apple Watch Series 5 paired with an 11 Pro with no issues. Upgraded to a 13 Pro Max and after pairing my watch to it I was getting no audible or visual notification while the phone was locked.

Tried some solutions that I found online. Turned OFF Bluetooth and magically the notifications would be normal on my 13 Pro Max, weird. Turned Bluetooth back on, notifications were gone again.

Unpaired my Apple Watch and the notifications worked normally on my 13 Pro Max, weird again. Paired my watch to the 13 Pro Max again, no notification on the phone.

With that, I contacted Get Support and began a text chat with a very helpful agent. After going through the steps I’d already taken… she asked me to turn off Wrist Detection in the Watch app on my phone. That solved the problem and my notifications are normal now. Thanks Apple Support!!

Hope this helps others!

Oct 6, 2021 7:03 PM in response to mitsuki12

Greetings mitsuki12,

From your post it appears that notifications are not working as expected for your devices. We're happy to offer some suggestions that may help.

First, we recommend reviewing the current notification settings for each device. Notifications on your Apple Watch covers configuration options as well as which device should be expected to show a notification based on use. Change notification settings on iPhone covers how to edit the settings for your iPhone.

If you're still not seeing notifications, you may have a Focus set up. Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch explains how these functions work and may be customized for your benefit.

We hope this helps!

Notifications don't light up the screen on Apple Watch and iPhone 13 Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.