Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime player

How can I get Quicktime player to work on my win10 laptop

I have removed ver7 and reinstalled it but still no joy

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 6:08 AM

QuickTime for Windows is now unsupported and deprecated. About QuickTime 7 for Windows - Apple Support

QuickTime for Windows was never updated for use beyond Windows 7.

- The codecs that QuickTime for Windows added, are available natively with Windows now.

- Other media player software is capable of playback of MOV files.

- Third party software that relies on the presence of QuickTime should have been updated in 2016 to not have that reliance anymore.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 6:08 AM in response to Billsparky

QuickTime for Windows is now unsupported and deprecated. About QuickTime 7 for Windows - Apple Support

QuickTime for Windows was never updated for use beyond Windows 7.

- The codecs that QuickTime for Windows added, are available natively with Windows now.

- Other media player software is capable of playback of MOV files.

- Third party software that relies on the presence of QuickTime should have been updated in 2016 to not have that reliance anymore.

quicktime player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.