You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My podcast icon has disappeared from my homescreen. How do I get it back?

(I am not sure what generation the ipod touch is.)

iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 12:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 12:39 PM

Well I’m not sure what iOS you’re running but if it’s 14 or later you can try to swipe left to your App Library and it should be there then you can hold and drag it to the regular Home Screen, unless you deleted it by mistake in which case you need to download it from t he App Store

enjoy have a great day

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2021 12:39 PM in response to moja25_25_

Well I’m not sure what iOS you’re running but if it’s 14 or later you can try to swipe left to your App Library and it should be there then you can hold and drag it to the regular Home Screen, unless you deleted it by mistake in which case you need to download it from t he App Store

enjoy have a great day

Oct 8, 2021 1:28 PM in response to moja25_25_

I may be wrong, but I don't think a 4th generation iPod Touch can delete in-built apps. If memory serves me correctly (I live in hope) apps can be dropped into folders, which means they're not obviously visible until you look in that folder. A possibility therefore, is that the app icon has been dropped into a folder with other apps.

First steps first though, particularly if you still haven't resolved the problem:

1. Look in Settings and let us know which version of iOS your iPod is using. (The "signature strip" at the bottom of a post is not always correct)
  2. On older iPods, I don't think it was possible to delete and app, so it will be there somewhere. Look in folders
  3. As far as I'm aware, even if you managed to delete the built-in (Apple-supplied) app, you should still be able to re-install it, even on older iOS versions. You do not need to look for a third-party Podcast app, which as bobjbkln has mentioned, you are unlikely to find

Oct 7, 2021 10:23 AM in response to moja25_25_

Sure just go to the App Store, click the search button on the bottom right if I’m not mistaken and enter podcasts in the search bar, there may be a few, so look for the purple one that comes with the phone and there should be a cloud with a down arrow near it, just click it and you may be prompted to enter the Apple ID password and it will download, just make sure once it downloads, if you’re iOS 14 or later that it downloaded to the Home Screen and not the App Library like I told you

Have a great day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.