Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moisture in iPhone

I really need my phone and cannot afford to turn it off for 2 days while the moisture drains. What is the minimum amount of time I need to wait before taking it out of the rice and turning it back on? It never was dysfunctional. Water was dripped on the screen and seeped underneath. The water is visible right under the surface. Although it did not dysfunction I turned it off immediately to be safe.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

A.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 2:45 PM

allewis7 wrote:

Water was dripped on the screen and seeped underneath.

That is bad news.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

Start here.

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 6, 2021 3:13 PM in response to allewis7

Just to let you know, placing your iPhone in rice or any other form of desiccant won't help. It may also introduce additional debris into the phone and cause more issues. sberman, pretty much summed up what you need to do next. At least you keeping the phone turned off will be beneficial as any liquid that did make its way inside will not cause a short should you power it back up.

Moisture in iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.