Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not download latest version of numbers

Newest version of numbers require macOS 11 or higher. Have Catalina 10.15.7 and can not upgrade to macOS 11 or higher. Any idea? Thank you

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 5:57 AM

2 replies

Nov 1, 2021 3:51 PM in response to Peggy

That really sucks! Everything was working fine, but then I used a few of my numbers files from iCloud on my MacBook Pro. Of course now since they were modified on a newer version of numbers, I could no longer use them on my older iMac since the new Numbers upgrade isn't compatible.

I read where if I deleted Numbers from my iMac and then tried to reinstall it, it might let me download a version that would work... Well did that and now I can't get ANY version of Numbers back on my iMac! I even tried to reinstall from the purchase page in the App Store and it just freezes about 3/4 of the way through the download.

Is there a way to at least get a previous version of Numbers back or am I just screwed unless I want to pay for a new iMac??? This is very frustrating as Numbers is probably the App that I use the most on my iMac.

Any ideas anyone??

Oct 7, 2021 7:29 AM in response to radkaCZ

The latest version of Numbers, 11.2, requires Big Sur (or later when Monterey is released). You are "stuck" unless you upgrade your hardware.

Since Apple does not keep installers of older versions of the iWork apps available, make sure you have a copy of your current versions, perhaps with Time Machine, so that you could restore it if needed.

Can not download latest version of numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.