Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts phone numbers are in the wrong format

I’ve been having trouble with contacts phone numbers , they were in the wrong format, I’ve changed the language in settings and all my existing numbers are okay now.

the problem now is my phone won’t let me add any new contacts with the new format, help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 7:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 7:30 AM

You can change the country format for addresses and phone numbers using https://www.icloud.com

Note: These changes apply only to Contacts on iCloud.com. You must change formatting individually on each of your devices using the Contacts app on iOS and Mac, or Microsoft Outlook on Windows computers. For more information, see the documentation for the apps.

1. Click the Action pop-up menu  in the sidebar, then choose Preferences.
  2. Choose a country from the Address Layout menu.
  3. To have Contacts automatically add hyphens and other symbols in phone numbers, select “Automatically format phone numbers.” If you want to be able to enter phone numbers in more than one format, don’t select this option.
  4. Click Save.

Watch this GIF Below

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2021 7:30 AM in response to Doghouse2020

You can change the country format for addresses and phone numbers using https://www.icloud.com

Note: These changes apply only to Contacts on iCloud.com. You must change formatting individually on each of your devices using the Contacts app on iOS and Mac, or Microsoft Outlook on Windows computers. For more information, see the documentation for the apps.

1. Click the Action pop-up menu  in the sidebar, then choose Preferences.
  2. Choose a country from the Address Layout menu.
  3. To have Contacts automatically add hyphens and other symbols in phone numbers, select “Automatically format phone numbers.” If you want to be able to enter phone numbers in more than one format, don’t select this option.
  4. Click Save.

Watch this GIF Below

Contacts phone numbers are in the wrong format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.