Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari browser

Do I need to install google or duck duck to browse the internet or has apple got its own browser ?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 11:58 AM

I think I can clear up some confusion for you. Apple's browser is Safari. What is used to search the internet is a search engine such as google or duck duck. In Safari's preferences, you can indicate what search engine you want Safari to use.

2 replies

Oct 8, 2021 10:04 AM in response to Shirleyannie

Hi Shirleyannie, 

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that you want to browse the internet and we're happy to help. We also see that you’ve already checked out the Apple Support article Update or reinstall Safari for your computer

Mac computers, iOS and iPadOS devices come with the Safari browser already installed. 

"With the Safari app, you can browse the web, add webpages to your reading list to read later, and add page icons to the Home Screen for quick access. "

The Safari app icon looks like a bright blue circle with a red/white compass arrow.

Learn how to Browse the web using Safari on iPad and how to Go to websites using Safari on Mac

To find more answers to questions about Safari, visit the Safari Support page. 

Best regards. 

Safari browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.