Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging with MagSafe cable/puck thingy but using ANY OTHER battery pack/bank!

Oh my days! I've either lost the ability to do what should be a crazy simple web search or Apple's SEO is so freakin' Jedi even Google cant give me anywhere near the answer I need. I just want to know if I can plug my MagSafe cable/silver-puck-thingy into a 3rd Party battery bank and pull a charge? What spec's does the battery bank need to charge my phone that way? I'm assuming at least USB-C output but what about the wattage and electrical gubbins? Essentially I neeeeed to charge my phone via the MagSafe cable and a separate battery bank. I cant use the Apple MagSafe sticky-onto the phone itself battery pack so don't try to sell me.

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 1:22 PM

Hi DomesticVoodoo,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue finding some details about if a power bank can be used with a MagSafe charger. We'd like to help.

Apple sells a MagSafe Battery Pack that may help you with information about what possible 3rd party power banks may work. From what it shows there, if the power bank supports USB-C, it should work with your MagSafe Charger.

If you have additional questions, Contact Apple Support to find the exact specifications that may be needed.

Hope that helps.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 1:22 PM in response to DomesticVoodoo

Hi DomesticVoodoo,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue finding some details about if a power bank can be used with a MagSafe charger. We'd like to help.

Apple sells a MagSafe Battery Pack that may help you with information about what possible 3rd party power banks may work. From what it shows there, if the power bank supports USB-C, it should work with your MagSafe Charger.

If you have additional questions, Contact Apple Support to find the exact specifications that may be needed.

Hope that helps.

Take care!

Oct 8, 2021 8:26 PM in response to ColleenD1

Wow! Now that's customer service. Thanks so much. What was the ONE thing I said? Literally my closing line? Don't sell me something I know I don't need or can even use. Your link literally tells me nothing useful and also (literally) tries to sell me something I implicitly said I know will not work for my use case. I need useful technical data. It's not hard. Your MagSafe cable/puck-thing (just to help ya: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MHXH3AM/A/magsafe-charger) connected to iPhone 12 Pro requires X to charge? I go find a battery pack that can deliver X. Job done. This is either weak AF AI or a human bean (sic) passing over this stuff so fast you don't really pay attention. Or care. Not sure what's worse. Please give me something helpful. x

Oct 10, 2021 8:22 AM in response to DomesticVoodoo

DomesticVoodoo,

We're sorry that you feel that we were trying to sell you the MagSafe Battery Pack. That was not our intention.

We were pointing out that this is a battery pack that works for your set up and the details found on that page may help you with your inquiry. If the power bank you have, or intend to purchase, has the ability to use a USB-C cable, you should be able to charge your iPhone 12 Pro with it.

If you have additional questions, Contact Apple Support would be the best next step for you.

Have a nice day.

Charging with MagSafe cable/puck thingy but using ANY OTHER battery pack/bank!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.