Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6 plus is not locked to any carrier, however it shows sim not supported i dont know what is the problem please help

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 4:58 PM

The problem is exactly what it stated on your screen. The SIM card you have inserted is not supported. This means that your iPhone is LOCKED to the carrier that it last worked on. I understand that you believe that your iPhone is not carrier locked, however, the screen error message is indicating otherwise. I recommend that you contact the carrier that the iPhone last worked on and ask them what are the requirements to get your iPhone carrier unlocked so that it can be used with other carriers.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 4:58 PM in response to kaviraj160

The problem is exactly what it stated on your screen. The SIM card you have inserted is not supported. This means that your iPhone is LOCKED to the carrier that it last worked on. I understand that you believe that your iPhone is not carrier locked, however, the screen error message is indicating otherwise. I recommend that you contact the carrier that the iPhone last worked on and ask them what are the requirements to get your iPhone carrier unlocked so that it can be used with other carriers.

Axel F.

my iphone 6 plus is not locked to any carrier, however it shows sim not supported i dont know what is the problem please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.