Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Music contain every album and song in iTunes store

When I open Apple Music and search in the iTunes Store (I select iTunes Store in the top right for my search), I can see the album I'm looking for. But when I select Apple Music in the search and search for the album, I don't see it.

Does this mean the album is available for purchase, but it isn't available via Apple Music Subscription?

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 12:59 AM

I confirm, it seems that on iTunes Store the whole album is available while on Apple Music only one track is available.

It's up to Apple-producer/label which songs/albums are included in the streaming service.

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 8, 2021 12:48 AM in response to Marco Klobas

Ye if you search for this in the iTunes Store, you can see it. But you don't see it in Apple Music.

For example I'm looking for the "final fantasy xiv pulse rise" song, which can be found in this album (on the iTunes Store):

https://music.apple.com/au/album/pulse-final-fantasy-xiv-remix-album/1533612284

But I don't see it in Apple Music.

Also this album as well:

https://music.apple.com/au/album/scions-sinners-final-fantasy-xiv-arrangement-album/1556834039

I'm guessing the producers of the song don't want it to be available in Apple Music.

Nov 4, 2021 11:35 PM in response to Marco Klobas

Got the same issue again with another song.

Children of the Sun (feat. Merethe Soltvedt). I can listen to this on Youtube Music, but it doesn't appear to be available on Apple Music. However I do see it on the iTunes Store.

This is very annoying how various songs that I frequent do not appear on Apple Music. I guess Apple Music doesn't work for my niche requirements.

Does Apple Music contain every album and song in iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.