Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Live Photos not saving.

When I'm on my Macbook, I can take Facetime photos of other people, but they cannot take photos of me. Their Facetime photo button "works," and I get notified they took a picture, but the picture does not save on their phone. On my Macbook, in Facetime, "Preferences," "Settings," the "Allow live photos to be captured during video calls" box is checked, but it is also greyed out. So I don't have the option to even turn it off or back on.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 8:25 PM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2021 7:07 PM in response to knowthecurl

Hello knowthecurl,

We would like to see howw we can help you with your FaceTime Live Photos not working as expected. Are you attempting to change the setting while on a FaceTime call? What we need to do is see if the problem persists during safe mode. Here are the steps to do so: How to use safe mode on your Mac

After the device boots into safe mode, try to see if you can switch this off and back on. Test the issue in safe mode, and then after restarting normally. Let us know how it goes and we can go from there.

Cheers!

Facetime Live Photos not saving.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.