Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Organization

I find the predetermined photo albums to be infuriating and illogical. I want to put all of my photos into one place (the library, I assume) and be able to view them by date. I want to remove all of the other albums like “moments”, which makes absolutely no sense to me, and be able to create my own folders if I wish to. How can I simplify the system so I can make and name folders or albums the way I want them, and remove the ones I don’t want? It’s WAY too cumbersome now.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 2:45 PM

If you want a view of all items in your Library that can be sorted by date then create the following Smart Album:

That smart album can be sorted any of these ways:

The get rid of those infuriating and illogical (really Mr. Spock") predetermined albums:

All it takes is knowing how an application works.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 2:45 PM in response to ShyHazel

If you want a view of all items in your Library that can be sorted by date then create the following Smart Album:

That smart album can be sorted any of these ways:

The get rid of those infuriating and illogical (really Mr. Spock") predetermined albums:

All it takes is knowing how an application works.

Photos Organization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.