Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOs Big Sur installation

I downloaded the BigSur Installer but launching it it doesn't install anything, stopping at "time needed to install 2h17 minutes". How to solve the problem?

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 9:15 AM

Chris68Rom wrote:

I downloaded the BigSur Installer but launching it it doesn't install anything, stopping at "time needed to install 2h17 minutes". How to solve the problem?

Verify you have adequate free storage for the installation...

Big Sur states that you will need 35.5 GB of free storage when upgrading from High Sierra or newer, and 44.5 GB when upgrading from an older versions.

You can always try launching the Installer in SafeBoot mode—

If you have the full installer it will be sitting in your Applications folder "Install macOS Big Sur.app"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 9:15 AM in response to Chris68Rom

Chris68Rom wrote:

Verify you have adequate free storage for the installation...

Big Sur states that you will need 35.5 GB of free storage when upgrading from High Sierra or newer, and 44.5 GB when upgrading from an older versions.

You can always try launching the Installer in SafeBoot mode—

If you have the full installer it will be sitting in your Applications folder "Install macOS Big Sur.app"

MacOs Big Sur installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.