Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage linked to 2 numbers

Hi guys, can anyone help me with this. I was looking through my iMessage settings. And I noticed that this setting “you can receive iMessage to and reply from” and below 2 phone numbers are “checked”. My number and an unknown number.

At first I though it was a number created by Apple to link to iMessage. But I googled and found no one else having this issue.

Can anyone advise me if your phone is the same? Or has my phone been hacked or something?

thanks in advance.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 2:13 AM

Apple doesn't link anything on your device.

If you do not know this number, please remove it, immediately. Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jail Break
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 2:13 AM in response to Helpsnowpls

Apple doesn't link anything on your device.

If you do not know this number, please remove it, immediately. Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jail Break
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods

iMessage linked to 2 numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.