Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portrait Mode not showing up on Watch series 3 with Watch OS8

I have a series 3 Apple Watch on Watch Os8. Portrait mode does not show up as an option for me. Everywhere I've read it says Watch series 3 supports Portrait face so I'm not sure what the problem might be.

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 3:21 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2021 6:39 AM in response to keenanconstance

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, keenanconstance!

We understand you were expecting to see the Portraits watch face on your Apple Watch Series 3. We'd be happy to provide information about this.

Portraits is an option on Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4 and later: Apple Watch faces and their features

"Portraits

The Portraits watch face uses Portrait mode photos from your iPhone to create a multilayered watch face with depth. You can choose from three different type styles and select up to 24 photos. A new photo appears each time you raise your wrist or tap the display.

The Portraits watch face is available on Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4 and later and requires Portrait mode photos taken on an iPhone with iOS 10.1 or later.

• Customizable features: Style (Classic, Modern, Rounded)
  • Available complications: Activity • Alarms • Astronomy (Moon Phase) • Audiobooks • Calendar (Today’s Date, Your Schedule) • Compass (Compass, Compass/Elevation, Elevation) • Controls (Battery) • Heart Rate • Messages • Music • News • Noise (Sound Levels) • Now Playing • Podcasts • Reminders • Shortcuts • Stocks • Stopwatch • Timer • Weather • Workout • World Clock (Sunrise/Sunset)

Tip: Turn the Digital Crown to zoom in on the face."

Have a great day!

Portrait Mode not showing up on Watch series 3 with Watch OS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.