Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reinstall microsoft office that was on previous MacBook Air that is broken onto new macbook air

how to reinstall microsoft office that was on previous MacBook Air that is broken onto new MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 7:53 AM

olivefromhenlow wrote:

I had to reinstall from new!!!! So all documents created previously have gone. I stupidly spilled cordial on the keyboard of my old Air and it wouldn't switch back on, so I hadn't even had a chance of backing up or anything. Oh well, live and learn

Yes it is a hard lesson. The time to create backups is before something happens. If you had maintained backups you could have retrieved your documents from the backup. Installing a new OS or Office version does not prevent opening of previously created documents.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 7:53 AM in response to olivefromhenlow

olivefromhenlow wrote:

I had to reinstall from new!!!! So all documents created previously have gone. I stupidly spilled cordial on the keyboard of my old Air and it wouldn't switch back on, so I hadn't even had a chance of backing up or anything. Oh well, live and learn

Yes it is a hard lesson. The time to create backups is before something happens. If you had maintained backups you could have retrieved your documents from the backup. Installing a new OS or Office version does not prevent opening of previously created documents.

Oct 29, 2021 3:29 PM in response to opacarb

opacarb wrote:

I purchased Microsoft Office for my MacBook Air and downloaded it - my wife needs to do the same with her Air but I do not know how to extend the purchase (which is good for 6 users)?

That is a question for Microsoft licensing. I assume you just install it with the same license. Microsoft will notify you if the installation exceeds your license.

how to reinstall microsoft office that was on previous MacBook Air that is broken onto new macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.