Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard is typing rong letters on iPad but not on laptop

Can you suggest the thing to do

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 6:51 AM

A-JBS wrote:

the keyboard is set to English and to QWERTY as that had occurred to me too

That sounds like you perhaps did not look in the right place. Again, go to settings > general > keyboard >Hardware Keyboard and tap over at the right edge. You will see a long list of language options. What do you have checked? It should be "US" and not "automatic" or something else.

If you have US checked and still have problems, give us examples of keys which are not typing correctly and what they are producing instead.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 6:51 AM in response to A-JBS

A-JBS wrote:

the keyboard is set to English and to QWERTY as that had occurred to me too

That sounds like you perhaps did not look in the right place. Again, go to settings > general > keyboard >Hardware Keyboard and tap over at the right edge. You will see a long list of language options. What do you have checked? It should be "US" and not "automatic" or something else.

If you have US checked and still have problems, give us examples of keys which are not typing correctly and what they are producing instead.

Oct 8, 2021 6:22 AM in response to A-JBS

I’ll assume this is not the Apple Magic Keyboard for iPad model which docks with the iPad, but one of the other models of Apple Magic Keyboard that can un-paired and re-paired and can be used with both iPad and Mac.

Update the iPad to iOS 15 (15.0.1 is current), and restart the iPad, and try again. Sometimes that clears weird problems.

Keyboard is typing rong letters on iPad but not on laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.