Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook connection to WiFi

After downloading new security software my MacBook cannot access WiFi. I’ve tried all the recommendations made by apple. The message on my network box is: WiFi has the self-assigned IP address ——- and will not be able to connect to the internet. It’s the same router and network that I’ve had fir years and my apple phone and desktop have no problem. Just my laptop.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 8:54 AM

Not sure what "all the recommendations made by apple" entails, so let's start with the following support articles to see if they can help:

If none of those help, try the following:

• Create a new user account. Log out of your existing account, and then, log in with the new account. Check Wi-Fi access.
  • Delete the AirPort Keychain entries. Check again.
  • Delete & add back the preferred network(s).

... and should none of those resolve the issue, the final step would be to contact Apple Support directly. To do so, simply select the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 8:54 AM in response to geri285

Not sure what "all the recommendations made by apple" entails, so let's start with the following support articles to see if they can help:

If none of those help, try the following:

• Create a new user account. Log out of your existing account, and then, log in with the new account. Check Wi-Fi access.
  • Delete the AirPort Keychain entries. Check again.
  • Delete & add back the preferred network(s).

... and should none of those resolve the issue, the final step would be to contact Apple Support directly. To do so, simply select the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

MacBook connection to WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.