Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Safari: How do I put a bookmark or folder at the same level as Favorites?

To get to the bookmark I need now, I need to do three steps: 1) tap the sidebar icon, 2) tap Bookmarks, 3) tap Favorites. In Favorites are all my bookmarks, which makes “Favorites” meaningless. When I tap Bookmarks, I want my bookmarks. Can anyone tell me how to get folders and bookmarks to the Bookmarks level? In fact, if I could get rid of the extraneous “Favorites” folder altogether, I’d love to. Even more ideally, I’d like to see all my bookmarks when I tap the sidebar, even if the other things like History, etc., appear above them.

I’ve just upgraded to iOS 15, but this was a problem in 14 as well.

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 8:49 AM

I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly and ask them. Use this link:--> Get Support

or, if you'd like, you can submit your comment/request/suggestion to Apple using this link:--> Feedback - Safari - Apple

Thanks and regards

Giulio

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 8, 2021 9:09 AM in response to Rob Ehle

I’m hoping that the developers realize that they made the bookmarks too hard to access. What used to be 1 step to open or close bookmarks is now 2 steps to access and 2 steps to close. Not the end of the world, but not as convenient as before. Overall, I do like the new Safari. Bookmark access is really my only (minor) complaint.

Oct 9, 2021 8:42 AM in response to Rob Ehle

This complaint isn’t minor for me. I have a number of bookmarks in one topic I’m trying to go back and forth among all the time. There are other bookmarks under different headings. So to get to those bookmarks I have to drill down—which I should only have to do once. But if I close the Bookmarks window* in order to have the completed browser window for the page I’m viewing, I must first back up all the way through three taps and then, to find another bookmark in the subtopic, I have to do the same thing. It’s ridiculous.

*(I guess this is actually a combination window for reading list, favorites and a couple of other things, so I really don’t know what to call it now)

iOS Safari: How do I put a bookmark or folder at the same level as Favorites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.