Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ordering website does not have my current Apple Card saved.

Recently do to incorrect charges on my Apple Card. Goldman Sachs changed my virtual card number.

Everything fine in Apple Wallet on all my devices, except for ordering from Apple website. Saved Apple Card on file associated with my Apple ID is the old number. After 5 hours between Goldman Sachs and Apple Support no one could resolve the problem. Just have to use a different card with Apple Pay for Apple. Has anyone else had this problem ordering from Apple website with Apple Card changed number?

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 8:50 AM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2021 8:57 AM in response to J1SG70

the website does not use the virtual number it uses the device account number. If you open the Wallet app and tap on Apple Card and tap on the card information icon, you should see card number, physical card number, and device account number. All use a different last four. try signing out of your Apple ID and back in to see if anything updates.

Oct 8, 2021 9:12 AM in response to askbarnabas

Thank you for the info. As I understand if I use Apple Pay linked to my Apple Wallet (Apple Card) on Apple website it will use the device number. However when ordering it asks if you want to use saved card which shows Apple Card with the incorrect last digits of virtual card number or the box below shows use Apple Pay. Using Apple Pay box will solve this problem. When Apple charges me for subscriptions for any music or movies will it default to using the device number in Apple Wallet or the incorrect saved Apple Card on file with Apple.

Oct 8, 2021 1:05 PM in response to askbarnabas

Thanks again for all the help. Mysteriously this morning when I checked the Apple website to order, the saved card box to use for payment had Apple Card listed with the correct last four of my virtual card number that is listed in Apple wallet under Apple Card. Last night I did try clear the cache on all devices in all web browsers besides signing out of Apple ID, iCloud, reinstalling Apple Card for payment in Apple payment for Apple services many times to no avail. I think someone either at Goldman Sachs or Apple realized the change didn’t take effect in Apple order website with my Apple Id

Apple ordering website does not have my current Apple Card saved.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.