Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grey dot on iPad Pro

I can’t get rid of it, and it’s not working when I go to assistive touch and turn off the dwell switch. There must be another way. Help!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 1:12 PM

JodyMiller5 Said:

"Grey dot on iPad Pro: I can’t get rid of it, and it’s not working when I go to assistive touch and turn off the dwell switch. There must be another way. Help!"

-------

Start with a Screenshot:

See what happens when you take a screenshot. View the screenshot in the Photos app. Does the dot show up in the screenshot? If so, then it is the app itself giving you the issue (so remove, then add the app back). If not, then it is a hardware issue, and it is time fore a new screen. Go here: Take a Screenshot on your iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 1:12 PM in response to JodyMiller5

JodyMiller5 Said:

"Grey dot on iPad Pro: I can’t get rid of it, and it’s not working when I go to assistive touch and turn off the dwell switch. There must be another way. Help!"

-------

Start with a Screenshot:

See what happens when you take a screenshot. View the screenshot in the Photos app. Does the dot show up in the screenshot? If so, then it is the app itself giving you the issue (so remove, then add the app back). If not, then it is a hardware issue, and it is time fore a new screen. Go here: Take a Screenshot on your iPad - Apple Support

Grey dot on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.