Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fonts in Apple Mail

When I cut and paste something from a word doc, where it shows up with a consistent font, I'm horrified to see that it has gone out of my mailbox and arrived in another's box with different colors and font sizes. How can I stop this from happening?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 7:00 AM

The Fonts and Colours in Microsoft Word do not always line up the same in the Native Operating System from Apple namely Big Sur.

If one what total control of Fonts and Colours - export the Word Document as a PDF which should preserve the desired formatting.

Then send the PDF as part of the e-mail..

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 7:00 AM in response to 4PL

The Fonts and Colours in Microsoft Word do not always line up the same in the Native Operating System from Apple namely Big Sur.

If one what total control of Fonts and Colours - export the Word Document as a PDF which should preserve the desired formatting.

Then send the PDF as part of the e-mail..

Oct 9, 2021 7:11 AM in response to PRP_53

Thank you for the follow up… and ouch! In addition to controlling the formatting on documents, it would be much better to be able to control the formatting on emails!

Keeping color and font style consistent is so important to professional correspondence. I hate the idea of having to go native with multiple ema systems, but it sounds like that’s the only answer!

Fonts in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.