Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my offline iphone

why is it not finding my iphone turned off? I turned it off on purpose to test and it's not working.

IOS 15.1

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 2:17 PM

That function will not show the iPhone as Online.

But it will use other iPhones to report the position of your iPhone even when it is turned off. Allowing you to see an updated position even if it has been turned off.

So say you turn it off at home. and then take it to a friends house. the find my app should update the position of your iPhone after a while, even if you never turn it on, as long as there is another phone to report the position back to the find my nettwork

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 2:17 PM in response to rodmtt

That function will not show the iPhone as Online.

But it will use other iPhones to report the position of your iPhone even when it is turned off. Allowing you to see an updated position even if it has been turned off.

So say you turn it off at home. and then take it to a friends house. the find my app should update the position of your iPhone after a while, even if you never turn it on, as long as there is another phone to report the position back to the find my nettwork

find my offline iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.