Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

in app purchases aren't allowed

Why do I get this message

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 5:03 PM

Unfortunately, the Apple TV app doesn’t support in-app purchases on Fire TV at this time. You will have to do the transaction (subscribe, buy, rent) on a different device. Once the transaction is done, you can view that content on Fire TV as well.

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

2. On Amazon Fire TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can purchase content on another supported device to watch it in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV device.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 5:03 PM in response to 7450_dsealer

Unfortunately, the Apple TV app doesn’t support in-app purchases on Fire TV at this time. You will have to do the transaction (subscribe, buy, rent) on a different device. Once the transaction is done, you can view that content on Fire TV as well.

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

2. On Amazon Fire TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can purchase content on another supported device to watch it in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV device.

Oct 8, 2021 8:23 PM in response to Androish

I'm not sure how I do that. I have a samsung tablet and phone. I don't have the Apple app installed on either. I downloaded the Apple app on my tv. Now when I try to watch a show from that app on my TV I get that message. I don't know where to adjust the Parental settings.

Sorry for my lack of understanding. But I do thank you for your response.

Don.....

in app purchases aren't allowed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.