Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring mp3s to my classic iPod using Apple Music

I have a large amount of legally obtained music. I am trying to add some new music (mp3 format) to the older iPod classic using the old cable and Apple Music. I have no idea how to do this. In iTunes it was very easy. Drag and drop. Now...no idea. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 6:17 AM

The Music "app" is for iOS devices such as the iPod Touch and iPhone. There is no specific app for an iPod Classic.

Rooibosreed wrote:

I have no idea how to do this. In iTunes it was very easy.

Your comment suggests to me that you might be using a Mac, with one of the newer operating systems (Catalina or Big Sur), which do not use iTunes. If so, you use Finder to manage your iPod.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 6:17 AM in response to Rooibosreed

The Music "app" is for iOS devices such as the iPod Touch and iPhone. There is no specific app for an iPod Classic.

Rooibosreed wrote:

I have no idea how to do this. In iTunes it was very easy.

Your comment suggests to me that you might be using a Mac, with one of the newer operating systems (Catalina or Big Sur), which do not use iTunes. If so, you use Finder to manage your iPod.

Transferring mp3s to my classic iPod using Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.