Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

distinguish real and fake iphone 12 pro max

Hi everyone. I have a question that I see someone selling iPhone 12 pro max in Canada with C/A but the model number is A2342 (USA). And the serial number starts with G instead of F. Should I buy it? Thanks a lot.

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 5:38 PM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2021 5:47 PM in response to Hayato1

Serial number beginning with a G indicates that is out of Foxconn's new factor(ies) in China. Nothing wrong with that.

If an iPhone is a knockoff or a fake then the Serial number and the model number can be fake as well. The real way to determine whether the iPhone is real or fake is to really be able to compare it physically to the real one. OR know the real iPhone well enough to distinguish it from the fake mode.

In many words, I am trying to inform you that the decision to whether buy it or not is entirely yours.

Axel F.

distinguish real and fake iphone 12 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.