Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update iPhone 7 to iOS 14

I can’t use certain apps I have always used because of updates. How do I update my iPhone 6 to iOS 14.

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 7:29 PM

The title of your post lists iPhone 7 to be updated, however, the body of the post lists iPhone 6. Your question makes more sense when asked as it is in the body of your post.

You are NOT going to be able to update your iPhone 6 to iOS 14/15. The highest that you can update your iPhone 6 is iOS version 12.5.x which you probably already have. The iPhone 6 is limited by its hardware performance and therefore cannot be updated to higher iOS versions.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 7:29 PM in response to roderick63

The title of your post lists iPhone 7 to be updated, however, the body of the post lists iPhone 6. Your question makes more sense when asked as it is in the body of your post.

You are NOT going to be able to update your iPhone 6 to iOS 14/15. The highest that you can update your iPhone 6 is iOS version 12.5.x which you probably already have. The iPhone 6 is limited by its hardware performance and therefore cannot be updated to higher iOS versions.

Axel F.

How to update iPhone 7 to iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.