Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make it work if it says an error occurred trying to download the update?

how do I make the update work if it says an error occurred trying to download it?

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 7:41 PM

try this steps,

Tip 1. Remove and Download the iOS Update Again

You can also try to delete and download the new iOS update again. Just go to

1. Navigate to Settings > General > iPhone Storage on your phone.
  2. Find the iOS 15 update in the list > tap it and tap Delete Update.
  3. Then go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

Tip 2. Check Network Settings

There are chances that your network settings cause the problem of “unable to install update an error occurred installing ios 15”. Check your network settings and make sure the cellular network is turned on. You can reset your network settings in Settings > General > Reset Network Settings under the “Reset” tab.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 7:41 PM in response to jorrbopp

try this steps,

Tip 1. Remove and Download the iOS Update Again

You can also try to delete and download the new iOS update again. Just go to

1. Navigate to Settings > General > iPhone Storage on your phone.
  2. Find the iOS 15 update in the list > tap it and tap Delete Update.
  3. Then go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

Tip 2. Check Network Settings

There are chances that your network settings cause the problem of “unable to install update an error occurred installing ios 15”. Check your network settings and make sure the cellular network is turned on. You can reset your network settings in Settings > General > Reset Network Settings under the “Reset” tab.

How do I make it work if it says an error occurred trying to download the update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.