Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 how do I reset Home Screen layout so as to alphabetize all the apps?

In IOS 15 reset lead to just a screen to prepare a new phone? Reset used to give a choice to reset Home Screen layout. This would alphabetize all the apps. How can I do this now?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 9:50 PM

I cannot remember whether Resetting Home Screen Layout alphabetized the apps on the Home Screen. I think the function just put the Apple apps back on their default positions. Don't think they were in alphabetical order.

You can try it out in iOS 15 to confirm, if you want. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Transfer or Reset iPhone ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Home Screen Layout.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 9:50 PM in response to NeilShapiro

I cannot remember whether Resetting Home Screen Layout alphabetized the apps on the Home Screen. I think the function just put the Apple apps back on their default positions. Don't think they were in alphabetical order.

You can try it out in iOS 15 to confirm, if you want. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Transfer or Reset iPhone ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Home Screen Layout.

Axel F.

Oct 9, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Axel Foley

Thanks, Axel, thatg is the right answer as it turns out. At i in the morning last night I actually tried Apple's text-messaging support and it actually worked very well. The reason I was confused is that Apple has put the Reset functionality on the world's most scary looking settings page with graphics of danger and extreme warnings and placed it all in the new settings category of transfer or reset iPhone (or iPad). It has truly made the "reset" features look as if your do not ever want to touch them as it must have something to do with setting up to transfer data. I mean, OMG, Apple needs to redesign this particular part of the redesign!

iOS 15 how do I reset Home Screen layout so as to alphabetize all the apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.