Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 pro max keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when plugged in to charge

Anyone had any issues with their iPhone constantly disconnect and reconnecting when lighting cable plugged in?

I've had it plugged in with the usb-c cable, a standard lighting/usb cable to my laptop and with apple car play and it’s happening with all cables wherever they are plugged into.

I’ve only noticed it the last 4 or 5 days and have had the phone for a few weeks now.

Not a huge issue, but is annoying while using car play as it constantly drops out

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 8:31 AM

I have the same issue, if I try to move my phone, use it during carplay or while connected to the lightning cable, it disconnects and then will reconnect then repeat.

5 replies

Oct 16, 2021 12:06 PM in response to mikel86

I too am having this problem with using CarPlay in my 2017 Chevy Colorado using USB cable. I have to go into settings on the trucks radios and remove my phone before I contact the phone. Then contact the phone then activate it using the trucks settings. A lot of the time as soon as it activate it it will unactivate immediately Or it May take a 30 seconds or more. Then repeat the whole process again.

Nov 23, 2021 2:37 AM in response to mikel86

Hi! Same here. Disconnects and reconnects with any slight movement of the phone while connected to power. It’s especially annoying in my car when connected to CarPlay. If I hit a small bump, it disconnects. Though even without movement it randomly loses a connection. As a matter of fact, it has disconnected twice from charging while I was typing this response. Super frustrating.

iPhone 13 pro max keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when plugged in to charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.