Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the battery in the Apple remote?

How do I change the battery in the Apple remote for my Apple TV?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 8:06 AM

Assuming it's the Siri remote (with the glass trackpad) you don't: you just recharge it. It should take around 500 full charges and each should last some weeks even with frequent use. If the remote isn't working after being charged (you can check the charge level in the ATV settings) you need to contact Support if it's under guarantee.

The Siri remote comes with the ATV 4k but if for some reason you are using a white or aluminium remote, please see here: How to replace the battery in your Apple Remote - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 8:06 AM in response to lanie853

Assuming it's the Siri remote (with the glass trackpad) you don't: you just recharge it. It should take around 500 full charges and each should last some weeks even with frequent use. If the remote isn't working after being charged (you can check the charge level in the ATV settings) you need to contact Support if it's under guarantee.

The Siri remote comes with the ATV 4k but if for some reason you are using a white or aluminium remote, please see here: How to replace the battery in your Apple Remote - Apple Support

How do I change the battery in the Apple remote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.