Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Hiding Windows

I have a iMac, Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019, running Big Sur 11.6. When I open an new app my other windows hide. I am trying to use the calculator app to fill in numbers in a Word Doc and I can't keep both windows open at the same time. Also, occurs when opening Browser and Mail. Trying to copy something from one app to another is impossible. VERY FRUSTRATING!! HELP!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 7:54 AM

jeffgardiner wrote:

I have a iMac, Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019, running Big Sur 11.6. When I open an new app my other windows hide. I am trying to use the calculator app to fill in numbers in a Word Doc and I can't keep both windows open at the same time. Also, occurs when opening Browser and Mail. Trying to copy something from one app to another is impossible. VERY FRUSTRATING!! HELP!

Use apps in full screen on Mac - Apple Support

See open windows and spaces in Mission Control on Mac

Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 7:54 AM in response to jeffgardiner

jeffgardiner wrote:

Use apps in full screen on Mac - Apple Support

See open windows and spaces in Mission Control on Mac

Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View - Apple Support

Big Sur Hiding Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.