Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping Bookmarks Pinned As Default View When Toggling Safari 15 Sidebar On and Off

Since the latest update to Safari 15 I'm no longer able to pin Bookmarks to the side bar so it appears by default when I toggle the sidebar in and out of view as in previous versions of Safari. Since this update, I keep getting a list of "Tabs", "Bookmarks", and "Reading List" choices prompting me to click on Bookmarks each and every time after toggling the sidebar back into view. A real pain. Does anyone have an answer to this? Help is much appreciated.

[Edited by Moderator] 

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 11:20 AM

5 replies

Oct 10, 2021 2:16 PM in response to AxEffects

Hi AxEffects,

We understand you're experiencing issues being able to pin websites in Safari on your Mac. For this, we'd recommend reviewing and attempting the steps in these support articles below:

Pin frequently visited websites in Safari on Mac

If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

However, if the behavior continues, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support via Get Support.

Oct 11, 2021 12:30 PM in response to judysings

Thanks for the reply, but you didn't understand my problem. The problem is that Safari is no longer keeping bookmarks in the sidebar when I toggle it in and out of view. It used to do that, where if you had bookmarks in view on the the sidebar and you toggle it out of view, and then later toggle it into view, the last thing you had on display in the sidebar (whether it was bookmarks or reading list) would be there when you toggle the sidebar back into view. Now, if bookmarks are in the sidebar and and you toggle it out of view, when you toggle it back into view, instead of seeing the last thing you had in the sidebar you get list a of "Tabs", "Bookmarks", and "Reading List" forcing you to take another step and choose bookmarks again, in order to view them. The keyboard shortcut for bookmarks is not the most useful because I don't always have the use of both hands available to me. It's a problem. Before the Safari update to 15 I've never had this issue. This a new change that affected Safari with this most recent update.

Keeping Bookmarks Pinned As Default View When Toggling Safari 15 Sidebar On and Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.