Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Add To Album" choice not available

I'm trying to move (copy) a picture from Recents to a different album. I've found several references that say I should be using an "Add To Album" choice, but that choice doesn't appear on my phone. Is there a way to add/restore that choice? Thanks.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 8:14 AM

Hello mboonieNY.

Once you've reached the screen shown in your screenshot, scroll down. Below the AirDrop, Messages, Mail, and Twitter icons you should see a list. If Add to Album is not included in that list scroll all the way to the bottom and tap Edit Actions. Here you'll have a list of actions. Tap the ones you want and then tap Done.

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 8:14 AM in response to mboonieNY

Hello mboonieNY.

Once you've reached the screen shown in your screenshot, scroll down. Below the AirDrop, Messages, Mail, and Twitter icons you should see a list. If Add to Album is not included in that list scroll all the way to the bottom and tap Edit Actions. Here you'll have a list of actions. Tap the ones you want and then tap Done.

Cheers.

Oct 11, 2021 7:52 PM in response to judysings

Sorry, I tried to use these directions before. I tried performing the steps under the heading "Add photos and videos to an existing album". At step 4, it says "Tap Add to Album from the list of actions." However, I don't have an "Add to Album" choice. I've attached a screen shot of what my phone shows after I tap the Share icon.

"Add To Album" choice not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.