Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam or not spam?

I've got a message saying "Apple has chosen you to test out their products. Please check if your details are correct so we can proceed with shipping. tmfo2.com/mQesIq7RkZ "

I know most spam messages have a link which looks familiar like this and its surprising I just order a phone from apple and now spammers(if it it) message me like this.

Can anyone ensure me if it is a spam or not?

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 1:51 PM

SPAM / SCAM / PHISHING

I’m sure that link would lead you to some form where you’d enter your AppleID credentials; which a criminal would then use to take-over your account.

Apple ALREADY has such a formal “testing” program for registered developers and those who choose to participate in Beta releases.

That said, the disturbing “coincidence” is noted. You should seriously consider signing-up for Apple’s 2FA if you’ve not already done so.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 1:51 PM in response to kgr47

SPAM / SCAM / PHISHING

I’m sure that link would lead you to some form where you’d enter your AppleID credentials; which a criminal would then use to take-over your account.

Apple ALREADY has such a formal “testing” program for registered developers and those who choose to participate in Beta releases.

That said, the disturbing “coincidence” is noted. You should seriously consider signing-up for Apple’s 2FA if you’ve not already done so.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

Spam or not spam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.