Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t the sound play on my Apple TV app on my Amazon Fire TV? I use Bluetooth headphones for everything, and haven’t had a problem with anything until I installed the Apple TV app and started trying to watch tv.

Why won’t the sound play on my Apple TV app on my Amazon Fire TV? I use Bluetooth headphones for everything, and haven’t had a problem with anything until I installed the Apple TV app and started trying to watch tv. I can airplay it from my phone, and the sound works (even though there’s a slight delay), but no sound at all when I’m just using the tv app.

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 4:30 AM

I had a similar experience the other day. I tried using the app to watch Invasion, and the first episode played on my wireless ear phones just fine, sound and all. I thought maybe the problem was fixed. Then when I tried to watch the second episode it was back to no sound. You’d think that a tech giant like Apple could make an app that works.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 4:30 AM in response to angdentandt

I had a similar experience the other day. I tried using the app to watch Invasion, and the first episode played on my wireless ear phones just fine, sound and all. I thought maybe the problem was fixed. Then when I tried to watch the second episode it was back to no sound. You’d think that a tech giant like Apple could make an app that works.

Oct 10, 2021 7:20 PM in response to Scorbinuk

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Scorbinuk.

If we understand your post correctly, there is no sound when you're using the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV. We’d like to help.

We see you were viewing "Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console" and we want to make sure you were able to reset the app as described in that article.

If that did not resolve the issue, we'd recommend deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Oct 10, 2021 8:04 PM in response to judysings

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times, unplugged my tv and waited 30 seconds before plugging it back in, clear my cache in the manage my apps section, and tried every conceivable combination of sound settings. Not only do all my other apps work perfectly, but I can watch the Rise Byrne infomercial on the Apple TV+ app, and the sound works just fine. And, as I said before, when I air screen a show from the app on my iPhone, it also works with sound. But nothing, and I mean nothing, has been able to produce any sound on a show I run from my tv Apple TV app. And from what limited Googling I’ve been able to do, there are a bunch of other people in my situation. That’s what’s so frustrating. I have a brand new compatible tv with the most current software, and I can’t get a simple app to work, regardless of what I do. The lady from Apple TV support was super nice today, but she ended our call without being able to tell me how to resolve the issue. I’ve spent all this money and it’s like no one associated with the products really cares if they work. I don’t say that to be a jerk. It’s just that I don’t get the impression anyone is all that interested. I even called Toshiba to see if they could help with an issue, and they basically just told me no and ended the phone call. And all I’m trying to do is give someone money so I can watch tv. It shouldn’t be this hard. It really shouldn’t.

Oct 12, 2021 9:15 PM in response to Scorbinuk

I’m having the same problem, it just started happening a couple weeks ago. I too use Bluetooth headphones to watch tv at night while my husband is sleeping and it had always worked until recently. I’m guessing that the Apple TV app had some sort of update that messed it all up.

One or two things always happens when using the app:

1. There is no sound but the show is playing.

2. When I select the show I want to watch it starts to load and then kicks me out of the app all together.

I too have deleted & re-installed the app several times, restarted tv, messed with sound settings and nothing. I’m pretty disappointed with the whole thing.

I am currently on a free year from purchasing my new phone but I won’t be paying for a service that doesn’t work as it should be when the trial is over. VERY FRUSTRATING 😡

Oct 12, 2021 9:17 PM in response to judysings

I’m having the same problem, it just started happening a couple weeks ago. I too use Bluetooth headphones to watch tv at night while my husband is sleeping and it had always worked until recently. I’m guessing that the Apple TV app had some sort of update that messed it all up.

One or two things always happens when using the app:

1. There is no sound but the show is playing.

2. When I select the show I want to watch it starts to load and then kicks me out of the app all together.

I too have deleted & re-installed the app several times, restarted tv, messed with sound settings and nothing. I’m pretty disappointed with the whole thing.

I am currently on a free year from purchasing my new phone but I won’t be paying for a service that doesn’t work as it should be when the trial is over. VERY FRUSTRATING 😡

Oct 27, 2021 8:35 PM in response to judysings

Although this response is well-intentioned I'm sure, unfortunately quick fixes and suggestions like uninstalling--reinstalling rarely does the trick and is generally implied/banal. WiFi Router/Modem may be one of few instances that comes to mind where a run-of-the-mill solution like this applies and works more frequently.

At this point, bluetooth devices are not compatible with the Apple Tv app, at least on Amazon Fire TVs at this time. Bluetooth devices are compatible with every other app and streaming service installed on my Fire TV.

Dec 11, 2021 6:32 PM in response to Scorbinuk

This is why I refuse to purchase Apple products. I swear this incompatible bs is intentional to sway ppl to not only buy their products, but to incessantly upgrade the apple products they already have bc after 1-2yrs they're forced to. I've only owned 1 ipad. It was released in 2011, gifted to me in 2013, & by 2015, the app functionality was virtually non-existent bc the necessary os was not available to the device. It's a ploy being carried out by Jobs from the grave. I hate apple.

Btw I'm just trying to watch something my friend rented on her account, else I wouldn't be here bc Apple is the worst

Why won’t the sound play on my Apple TV app on my Amazon Fire TV? I use Bluetooth headphones for everything, and haven’t had a problem with anything until I installed the Apple TV app and started trying to watch tv.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.