Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't pair iPhone 13 pro to bluetooth in lexus

I upgraded from an iPhone X to an iPhone 13 pro. Turned off the bluetooth on the old phone and trying to pair the new phone to my vehicle bluetooth. Car says it can't locate it.

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 4:48 PM

17 replies

Oct 11, 2021 8:07 AM in response to JDedmonPhoto1

Hello JDedmonPhoto1.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are having trouble pairing your new iPhone 13 Pro with your car. We will be glad to assist.

Let's follow the steps below, from this resource: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car

"Connect using Bluetooth

1. Restart your device.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for about 5 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.
  3. Check the manual that came with your car for more information on how to pair with a Bluetooth device. Most cars require a phone setup on the car display. 
  4. If you've connected multiple phones to your car stereo, try renaming your device: Go to Settings > General > About > Name, and type a new name. Then try connecting again.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support."

Cheers.

Nov 22, 2021 7:32 AM in response to Ssheky

Shaky Said?

"I have tried this multiple times on my 2010 Volvo XC60 and new iPhone 12 Pro. I punch in the code Volvo proved and it connects. But I can’t make or accept calls. Even tried my wife’s new iPhone 13 pro. Neither of the handsets work. All other models work, 12 pro, and 11 pro."

-------

Perform a Full Resync:

Seems to be the car itself giving you the troubles. Resync it all: Remove the phones from the car, and then the car from the phones. If Bluetooth is enabled, then disable it, and then enable it once more.

Nov 22, 2021 6:52 PM in response to Ssheky

JDedmonPhoto1 Said:

"can't pair iPhone 13 pro to bluetooth in lexus: I have done that, multiple times. It’s not the car. I can connect an iPhone 11 Pro just fine. It’s only the two iPhone 13’s that will not work"

-------

Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performs through use of a computer.

Nov 27, 2021 7:00 AM in response to Ssheky

Is it possible the software on the car is outdated? I have a 2013 Lexus GS 350. My new iPhone 13 paired once and played fine. The next time I got in the car it had dropped and would never pair again. The exact same thing happened a couple of years ago in a different 2014 model car (not a Lexus) when I got a new IPhone 11. I contacted that manufacturer and they said they know the new iPhones can’t pair, the problem is their software, and they have no intention of updating it! An auxiliary cable or speaker may be the only solution. Ridiculous!

can't pair iPhone 13 pro to bluetooth in lexus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.