Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My outgoing smtp servers are off line.

My outgoing smtp servers are off line. I have checked that all settings are correct. Previous articles suggest deleting the account and reinstalling. This deletes all existing mail and I want to avoid this if possible.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 7:38 AM

WilmslowBridge wrote:

My outgoing smtp servers are off line. I have checked that all settings are correct. Previous articles suggest deleting the account and reinstalling. This deletes all existing mail and I want to avoid this if possible.

You can contact your mail provider and verify the SMTP server is working on their end.

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2021 7:38 AM in response to WilmslowBridge

WilmslowBridge wrote:

You can contact your mail provider and verify the SMTP server is working on their end.

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Oct 11, 2021 8:43 AM in response to WilmslowBridge

WilmslowBridge wrote:

Thank you Leroy for your reply. How do I contact my mail provider? I am on Apple Mail POP

Apple Mail is— xxxxxxxxxx@iCloud.com You can check if the there are server issue—

I see no current issue w/ iCloud Mail

Issues would present as 'yellow' alert or 'red'

https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

I will add, simply using the Mail.app as your mail client is not the same thing as your provider, other examples;

@comcasrt.com ex contact Comcast Xfinity Technical Support - Comcast Customer Service

@yahoo.com

@Aol.com

@Gmail.com

@Outlook.com

@ ProtonMail

@Zoho.com

@GMX.com

My outgoing smtp servers are off line.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.