Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock disabled iPhone due to wrong passcode

help me to unlock my iPhone 6 due to wrong passcode entry.

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 6:16 AM

The steps given in this link will help you reset the passcode -> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

4 replies

Oct 10, 2021 8:31 PM in response to joven1951

I forgot my passcode and my phone was locked. I followed these directions to reset it and gain access again, and created a new passcode, but to restore from the iCloud, it wants the OLD passcode; the one I forgot; the one that made me reset the phone to begin with. I feel held hostage. I have come to grips with losing everything, but now I just want the message asking me for the OLD forgotten passcode every time I try to set up something on this phone. It's an iPhone XR.

Oct 11, 2021 8:34 AM in response to deggie

No, it is actually asking for the OLD passcode, before it was changed. It IS NOT the iCloud password.

It literally says, "Enter Old Passcode. Passwords, home and other data are protected by the passcode previously used to unlock this iPhone." I don't know the OLD passcode, which is why the phone was locked and reset to begin with.

How to unlock disabled iPhone due to wrong passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.