Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it needs to put the billing information when I download an application?

Why does it needs to put the billing information when I download an application?

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 8:54 AM

This is a user-to-user forum; no one here has access to the internal policies that would be needed to answer a question that begins with “Why”. Without knowing the reason, Apple requires that there be a valid payment method in your account even to download free content. If you don’t have any apps with in-app purchase capability and don’t have any subscriptions you may be able to remove a payment method once the account is set up.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2021 8:54 AM in response to ardrina

This is a user-to-user forum; no one here has access to the internal policies that would be needed to answer a question that begins with “Why”. Without knowing the reason, Apple requires that there be a valid payment method in your account even to download free content. If you don’t have any apps with in-app purchase capability and don’t have any subscriptions you may be able to remove a payment method once the account is set up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.