Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Distance tracking inaccuracy Watch OS 8

Since updating to Watch OS 8 distance tracking during workouts is waayyy off. I have routes that I run or cycle, and have tracked them for years on multiple different Apple watches/ watch OS versions, AND my distance has been confirmed by odometer in the car, as well as roadside mileage signs, and mapping apps. Watch OS 8 is now consistently short on distance. Anyone else noticed this problem?

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 12:36 PM

See the "Make sure that you earn Move and Exercise credit" section in:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You should also make sure your watch is calibrated:

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 19, 2021 12:15 PM in response to jmgnmk

I am seeing the same issue. In my case the distance and time is clearly swapped. I run the same route few times a week for last 2 years, and after the OS update last night the distance and time look swapped. In my case my 8+ min mile pace for 7 miles got recorded in the watch as 7 min a mile pace for 8 miles. I am running lot faster and covering more distance; which ofcourse I didn't.

Apple - Please fix this.

Distance tracking inaccuracy Watch OS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.