Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra with a MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011)?

Should I upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra? Since I have a MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011) still running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6, High Sierra seems to be the most resent I could upgrade to. Will it improve my performance at all? Is it worth the hassle/risk?

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 5:06 PM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2021 3:11 AM in response to The Freakish

Do you have a Rescue Plan In-Place. This comprises having 3 Backups using 2 methods and 1 Off Site incase of Theft, Loss or Natural Disasters. A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS. For addition purposes - two Tested Bootable Clones each to separate external drives. This is insurance incase the upgrades goes sideways. At least one Tested Clone and / or Time Machine Backup should be Off - Site

High Sierra is more recent but still no longer supported for Updates or Security Updates. The last Security Update for High Sierra was November 2020.

Might be time to consider a newer Apple Computer or New one.

Should I upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra with a MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.