Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

I bought a used iphone that still has the previous owners activation lock and I can't reach them .How do I get apple to help?

iPhone 6

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 9:18 PM

Samu0987 Said:

"Activation lock: I bought a used iphone that still has the previous owners activation lock and I can't reach them .How do I get apple to help?"

-------

You've been Scammed:

Seems you've been scammed. So if you cannot contact the seller, then you are out of luck. If purchased off of a Web site, then contact the web site, seeing if the sell can be held accountable, and if you can get your money back.

Learn from this:

The next time you go about purchasing and item, request that the seller unlocks it, and signs out of iCloud on it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2021 9:18 PM in response to Samu0987

Samu0987 Said:

"Activation lock: I bought a used iphone that still has the previous owners activation lock and I can't reach them .How do I get apple to help?"

-------

You've been Scammed:

Seems you've been scammed. So if you cannot contact the seller, then you are out of luck. If purchased off of a Web site, then contact the web site, seeing if the sell can be held accountable, and if you can get your money back.

Learn from this:

The next time you go about purchasing and item, request that the seller unlocks it, and signs out of iCloud on it.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.