Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red dot on IPHONE

I get a red dot over the phone bars on my iPhone 13 when making a call...what does that mean

It was yellow on my iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 10:55 AM

Apple describes it as orange rather than yellow or red. See the following from Status icons and symbols on your iPhone - Apple Support

If you see orange or green indicators in the status bar

With iOS 14 and later, you might see an orange or green indicator in the status bar on your iPhone. These indicators appear when the microphone and/or camera are being used by an app.

An orange indicator  means the microphone is being used by an app on your iPhone.

A green indicator  means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2021 10:55 AM in response to scotroemer

Apple describes it as orange rather than yellow or red. See the following from Status icons and symbols on your iPhone - Apple Support

If you see orange or green indicators in the status bar

With iOS 14 and later, you might see an orange or green indicator in the status bar on your iPhone. These indicators appear when the microphone and/or camera are being used by an app.

An orange indicator  means the microphone is being used by an app on your iPhone.

A green indicator  means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone.

Red dot on IPHONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.