Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I have a lot of iCloud space my photos are stored there right? Can I delete the photos on my device to gain storage there?

Can I safely delete my photos content on my iPad to free up space, since I’ve marked to upload photos to iCloud?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 12:24 PM

No, you cannot.

There is a misunderstanding about iCloud. It is not a separate storage rather a syncing service. The more space you purchase, the more info you can sync…but remove it from one device and you remove it from them all.

If you are wanting to offload p hotos to free up room I suggest getting them to your computer or a third party storage service.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2021 12:24 PM in response to jaxon167

No, you cannot.

There is a misunderstanding about iCloud. It is not a separate storage rather a syncing service. The more space you purchase, the more info you can sync…but remove it from one device and you remove it from them all.

If you are wanting to offload p hotos to free up room I suggest getting them to your computer or a third party storage service.

Since I have a lot of iCloud space my photos are stored there right? Can I delete the photos on my device to gain storage there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.