📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15, Configurator 2, and an iPad Home Screen Layout

Long time Configurator 2 user for a fleet of education iPads. With the move to iOS 15 (specifically 15.0.1), I have been unable to configure the home screen layout for any of our iPads.

The modifying the home screen layout window comes up, but doesn't always look like the layout of the apps on the connected iPad.

Trying to adjust the layout usually results in a one or two apps moving around, but everything else (folders, dock, etc.) are not touched.

Does anyone have any suggestions getting Home Screen Layout to work properly? Doing it manually on hundreds of iPads isn't really an option.

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 3:26 PM

6 replies

Oct 12, 2021 12:43 PM in response to alohaglide

Hello Alohaglide,

It sounds like you are unable to configure the layout of your iPad after updating to ipadOS 15. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

A newer iPadOS version version was just released. We would recommend backing up your device and updating to iPadOS 15.0.2: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? Have you deleted and reinstalled the app? Also, are you running the latest version of Configurator 2?

Cheers!

Oct 12, 2021 3:21 PM in response to barberlives123

Thanks for the response.

I am using the current version of Configurator 2 (and have also tested the latest beta version on Appleseed for IT) and I have updated some test iPads to 15.0.2 and nothing has changed.

I am unable to change the home screen layout on a newly formatted iPad with no 3rd party apps installed. Or a newly formatted iPad with a few 3rd party apps installed. This is true for a variety of different types of iPads as well.

Thank you, any help would be appreciated!

iOS 15, Configurator 2, and an iPad Home Screen Layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.