Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro crashes at start

Immediately after installing Final Cut Pro, it loads to the continue button, and when I press the continue button, it crashes. Every time I load Final Cut Pro after that, it immediately crashes and says "Final Cut Pro quit unexpectedly"

I will attach an image of the error tomorrow

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 4:26 PM

7 replies

Oct 13, 2021 8:18 AM in response to Haydent0

You have to trash preferences every time the application crashes. Please give some basic information about your system. What's the OS version? What's the FCP version? Bought or trial? What are the computer specs? What are you doing to launch the application? When you say you clicked Continue, where are you doing that, what dialog is appearing? When you start the application from Launchpad or the Dock there is no Continue.

Oct 14, 2021 7:49 AM in response to Haydent0

What Tom said!

As you never told us what version of FCP you had, it seems that all you might have needed to do was update FCP.

The current version is 10.5.4 and works in Catalina, but not in High Sierra.

I wonder if you have 10.4 or something (not sure which was the last one that worked in HS).

If you tried that in Catalina, then of course it would not work!

Final Cut Pro crashes at start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.