Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

to protect Apple Watch from soap or oil?

How do you protect your Apple Watch from soap *For example while washing your hand ,do you care mıuch not to touch soap to your watch? Please don't direct me to apple directions about this direction.If I am gonna care about this directions rightly ,I shouldn't do anything with my watch.

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 5:37 AM

It is recommended not exposing Apple Watch to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and perfumes as they can negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes. Apple Watch should be cleaned with fresh water and dried with a lint free-cloth if it comes in contact with anything other than fresh water.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 5:37 AM in response to mehmetduhan

It is recommended not exposing Apple Watch to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and perfumes as they can negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes. Apple Watch should be cleaned with fresh water and dried with a lint free-cloth if it comes in contact with anything other than fresh water.

to protect Apple Watch from soap or oil?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.