Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving Mail notifications

I’ve never received a new Mail notification despite every possible setting being turned on even down to the individual acct. it’s all there in Settings > Notifications > Mail so please don’t ask me to check that…. It’s really all switched on!

I have to open Mail to see if I have emails.

I went to enable background refresh as that’s what you’re told to do, but Mail seems to be the only app that isn’t listed on there…. It’s simply not there to switch on.

Any ideas anyone?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 7:56 AM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2021 8:55 AM in response to RandomGirl79

Hi RandomGirl79,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’ve run into an issue with Notifications for Mail. We’ll be happy to help.

You started off by checking settings for Notifications. That was a great step. Did you also check: Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data, to make sure that is set up to fetch data from the server as often as you want it to?

If the issue continues, let’s gather a few details that will help isolate the issue further:

-Is it notification sounds that are not working or do you also not see a banner or pop-up as expected?

-It sounds like you’re receiving notifications for other apps. Is that accurate?

-It also sounds like this never worked. Is that right or did this start after changing settings or updating?

Best regards.

Not receiving Mail notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.